Philosophical sayings & Quotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirelightMLPOC, Jan 17, 2017.

players on DeviantsMC right now! Join our server at ❤ mc.deviantsmc.com
Don't forget to vote for awesome rewards. click here!
?

How boring is this Thread?

1. Kinda Fun

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Fine

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Boring as hell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MANUL

MANUL Co-Owner & Builder Extroadinare

Hey @FirelightMLPOC I really like your idea, APPROVED

FirelightMLPOC likes this.
  2. FirelightMLPOC

FirelightMLPOC Noob Deviant

Thanks! Also, sorry about not posting, new content, I got too busy with the birds and making sure that the broody ones can A.) brood and hatch eggs & B.) have me not be screeched at when I walk by & C.) so I don't accidentally try to grab their eggs and get my hand pecked at, chased by said broody hen if I grab the eggs, and get kicked by the broody hen while feeding & watering the other animals. Broody chickens can be evil....
    "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Author (someone who I forgot.......)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  3. FirelightMLPOC

Today's philosophy is:

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw

“Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny." - Christopher Markus

“When what you hear and what you see don't match, trust your eyes.” Dale Renton

“Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.” Voltaire

“How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them. What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man. If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.
    From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside. And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event. That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered. And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.” Epictetus

MANUL likes this.
  4. FirelightMLPOC

'If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed.
    you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.Mark Twain

"life without a friend is like a death without a witness"

“A true friend laughs at your stories even when they’re
    not so good and sympathizes with your troubles even
    when they’re not so bad.” —Irish proverb

“If you see injustice and say nothing, you have taken the side
    of the oppressor.” —Desmund Tutu

We are more often treacherous through weakness than
    through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Crafter Sid likes this.
  5. poopihas

poopihas Fire Deviant

The warm sun
    Beams through the clear air
    Upon glistening leaves.
    And the birds
    Sweep in long arcs
    Over the green grass.
    They seem to say,
    "This might last forever!"
    But it doesn't.
    ~Fred Will, 1933

kk

Crafter Sid likes this.
  6. FirelightMLPOC

Today's Philosophy is:

“What did you do as a child that made the hours pass like minutes? Herein lies the key to your earthly pursuits.” ― Carl Jung

“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu

“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty.” ― Socrates

“Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn’t calculate his happiness.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream.” ― Jack Kerouac

“I have the true feeling of myself only when I am unbearably unhappy.” ― Franz Kafka

“If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.” ― Leo Tolstoy

“Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ” ― William James

7. FirelightMLPOC

Today's philosophy is quite "Love"ly:

“The truly faithless one is the one who makes love to only a fraction of you. And denies the rest.” ― Anaïs Nin

“Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.” ― Kahlil Gibran

“When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you’d like them to be.” — Leo Tolstoy

“Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin

“We need, in love, to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily; we do not need to learn it.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao Tzu

“We were together. I forget the rest.” ― Walt Whitman

“Love is friendship set to music.” ― Jackson Pollock

“intelligence is intuitive you needn’t learn to love unless you’ve been taught to fear and hate” ― Saul Williams

8. Crafter Sid

Crafter Sid Untamed Deviant Donator

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
    ― Lewis Carroll
    “When what you hear and what you see don't match, trust your eyes.”
    ― Dale Renton

9. FirelightMLPOC

10. FirelightMLPOC

"I consider myself a crayon, I may not be your favorite color but one day you'll need me to complete your picture." Author- Savannah Highnote

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away." Author- Anonymous

" When someone says "expect the unexpected", the best course of action is to test that quote by punching them in the face..." Author- Unknown

"There are three types of learners; the ones who learn by sight, the ones who learn by hearing, and the ones who have to pee on the electric fence to learn their lesson."

MANUL likes this.
  11. MANUL

MANUL Co-Owner & Builder Extroadinare

12. FirelightMLPOC

No problem, and here's today's quotes!
    "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility." Author- Eleanor Roosevelt

"With just one polka dot, nothing can be achieved. In the universe, there is the sun, the moon, the earth, and hundreds of millions of stars. All of us live in the unfathomable mystery and infinitude of the universe. Pursuing 'philosophy of the universe' through art under such circumstances has led me to what I call 'stereotypical repetition.'' Author- Yayoi Kusama

"I do not know how to teach philosophy without becoming a disturber of established religion." Author- Baruch Spinoza

"I find it significant that, even though contemporary philosophy tends towards forms of determinism, in the wider culture people are deeply into naming, shaming and blaming each other. So we haven't lost that sense of conscience." Author- John Cornwell

"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you I the best place for the next moment." Author- Oprah Winfrey

"My philosophy is it doesn't matter what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." Author- Anthony Hopkins

13. FirelightMLPOC

Today's Philosophy

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." Author- Lewis B. Smedes

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." Author- loria Steinem

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive." Author- Howard Thurman

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual)." Author- Ayn Rand

14. FirelightMLPOC

Today's philosophy!

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." Author- Alexander Graham Bell

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t." Author- Erika Jong

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak." Author- Sun Tsu, author of "The Art Of War"

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." Author- John Wooden

"Love all, trust a few." Author- William Shakespere

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" Author- John Wooden

emanh likes this.
  15. emanh

emanh Fire Deviant

"Do your best, the rest will come!" Author- IDK

16. FirelightMLPOC

Here's today's quotes!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Author- Albert Einstein

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” Author- Mahatma Gandhi

“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” Author- Elie Weasel

“Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” Author- Benjamin Franklin Wade

“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” Author- May Sarton

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.” Author- Albert Camus

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.” Author- Stephen Hawking

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” author- Albert Einstein

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” Author- Frank Zappa

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” Author- Elie Weasel

“You do not write your life with words...You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” Author-Patrick Ness

“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” Author- Benjamin Spock

17. ~BlackShadow

~BlackShadow Noob Deviant

An unexamined life is not worth living. True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

To find yourself , think for yourself.

-Socrates